If you have been added as an ARCP reviewer for your school or organisation, you will have an account on FOM PortfolioBuilder with ARCP reviewer permissions. If you are not a reviewer for your school/organisation and need to be, contact your ARCP provider (NSOH, Defence, NES or NIMDTA). Deanery administrators can add an ARCP Reviewer to a School or Organisation.
When deanery administrators schedule an ARCP for a trainee, read access to the trainee's account is automatically granted to all ARCP reviewers registered to the trainee's school two weeks before the ARCP review date and is revoked the day after the review. This gives ARCP reviewers the opportunity to review a trainee's portfolio in advance of the trainee's ARCP date.
To get started, ARCP Reviewers should log into their account on FOM PortfolioBuilder and find the trainee undergoing ARCP.
ARCP reviewers can search for a trainee using the search box.
Or use the links to the ARCPs scheduled for today on their dashboard.
Links to any ARCPs scheduled over the next 14 days can be found on the 'school/organisation' page.
ARCP reviewers can head straight for the trainee's ARCP Outcome Form if one has already been drafted or start a new Outcome Form. ARCP Outcome Forms are automatically pre-populated with information found on the trainee's account on FOM PortfolioBuilder and have any required fields highlighted.
In this example trainee's portfolio page, we can see that the trainee started their portfolio on 01 Aug 2016, is in ST5, started their current post on 01 Aug 2018 and is working 100% full time equivalent in this post. This example trainee has 100 activities stored in their portfolio. 21 of the 21 required competencies in the Occupational Medicine curriculum have activities mapped to them. Further information about curriculum coverage can be gained from the colour-coded curriculum coverage bar: 20 competencies in the curriculum have 3+ activities mapped to them. 1 competency has 2 activities mapped to it. Competencies that don't have any activities mapped to them would be orange.
If ARCP reviewers want to find out more about curriculum mappings, they can click on the link to the trainee's curriculum coverage page.
The curriculum coverage page shows the competencies in the curriculum as a list along with any associated mapped activities.
In this example, we can see that competency 4.1 has 3 activities mapped and competency 4.2 has 2 activities mapped to it. ARCP reviewers can click on the links to the individual activities to find out more about each activity. The vertical bars indicate how many other competencies an activity has been mapped to.
The Portfolio Overview section of a trainee's portfolio page has an 'ARCP' link.
By clicking on this link, ARCP reviewers can see the date of the trainee's next scheduled ARCP along with their last ARCP if they have one.
If ARCP reviewers would like to see information a trainee's portfolio that is not displayed on the portfolio page, the tabs across the top of the trainee's portfolio can be used to navigate to the different sections.
- The 'Folders' page shows all previous and current folders for a trainee's training levels (eg ST3, ST4, ST5). Trainees typically have one folder per training level.
- The 'PDP' page shows any current Personal Development Plan items a trainee is currently working on in a list with a brief summary of each one along with any associated curriculum mappings. Reviewers can use the filters, tags, or search features to navigate through PDP items and can open up the PDP Item to see further details.
- The 'Activities' page contains all entries in a trainee's portfolio including case logs. Reviewers may find, for example, a trainee's CV uploaded in this section. If a reviewer is looking for a particular activity or group of activities, they can use the search or filter functions. The reviewer might want to search for an activity with a particular title, category or tag for example. Reviewers can click on the activity to view further details including any mapped competencies or followup activities. The curriculum coverage view of activities can be accessed from this page as can the PDP coverage page.
- The 'Assessments' page is a subset of a trainee's activities and contains all WBAs including the MSF. If a reviewer is looking for a particular assessment or group of assessments, a reviewer can use the search or filter functions in the same way as on the activities page.
The number in brackets next to each assessment shows the number of assessments recorded. Reviewers can use the filters to see the number of assessments over more than one training level if they wish. Reviewers can click on an individual assessment to view further details including any mapped competencies or followup activities.
- The 'Reviews' section contains any reports and supervision meetings including any ARCPs. How can I find a trainee's Educational Supervisor Report?
- The 'Career History' page contains a list of all posts. Career entries contain useful information about CPD points and what % full time a trainee is working at.
- The 'Supervisors' page contains a list of trainee's supervisors. A supervisor is anyone in a supervisory role including clinical and educational supervisors and Training Programme Directors.
Once ARCP reviewers are satisfied that they have reviewed a trainee's portfolio, they may wish to complete an ARCP Outcome Form for the trainee. Once submitted, the Chair of the Panel or the Postgraduate Dean can sign off an ARCP Outcome Form.
If you have any queries, or require any help regarding reviewing a trainee's portfolio, please contact the FOM PortfolioBuilder support team on tel: 0800 987 1004 or mail: email@example.com.